Saturday, January 24, 2009

Week of 1.5.2009 - Green Flash West Coast IPA

ok.. this is the first post on my new blog. JW's Beer of the Week. It's no secret that I like beer and especially trying a new beer. One of my new years goals (I don't like resolutions) was to expand my horizons in food and drink. I am by no means a connoisseur of beer and wine, but I like them both... very much. So this blog is here to keep my honest.

My plan is try one new beer a week and post about it. It won't be just about beer though. If I come across a good bottle or glass of wine I'll post about it here. Just more fun on the Internet.

I have some catching up to do and this post is from my first week back in SoCal after the holidays. For a while Ryan had been telling my about Green Flash beers, which is a brewery right down here in San Diego. Some how I had never had any of their beers. After a offroad ride with Ryan I headed to Henry's before the Chargers game to grab some snacks and beer.



I was stoked to find that they carried Green Flash. I picked up a sixer of the West Coast IPA. I cracked the first one right at the kick off of the Bolts game. I really liked this beer from the first sip... and I liked it more with every one that I had. Here's the description from the Green Flash site:

"This West Coast-Style India Pale Ale is extravagantly hopped, full flavored, medium bodied and copper colored. A menagerie of hops is combined throughout the brewing process to impart specific characteristics. Hops used include Simcoe for a unique fruitiness and grapefruit zest, Columbus for strong hop pungency, Centennial for pine and citrus notes, and Cascade for floral aroma.
"

All I can say is get some try... be prepared for a pretty hoppy beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment